Jan 26, 2010

A New Year w/ New Memories

Well, it's a new year folks! Happy 2010! I'm excited about what the future holds for the marine industry! No doubt, last year will probably go down as one of the worst years in the history of the marine business, but there is still much to be grateful for. I know 2009 was a tough year for us, but we're still here to tell our story and share our passion for boating with our customers. I'm grateful to be part of one of Americas greatest pastimes. Boating brings out the kid in all of us and creates a pocket of memories to be cherished for generations to come. Some of my best memories with my wife and three boys happen to be on a boat. I remember going out to disappearing island, near Ponce Inlet, on a Monday afternoon and practically had the whole island to ourselves. It was a perfect day with hardly a cloud in the sky. The tide was coming in with cool clear water from the inlet and the temperature was near 85 degrees. We anchored our Boston Whaler 18 Dauntless about 10 ft off the beach and walked to shore. Even though Sammy (2) just played with his truck in the sand (and occasionally tasted some), and Brenden (7) and Ethan (5) tried to catch minnows for hours as if their pure existence depended on it, we had a great time! As I reflect upon my time off from work and how I've chosen to spend that time with my family, I realize even more that I must plan to make more memories like this day at Disappearing Island. The joy of boating isn't always about the boat, but the destination which requires a boat to get you there!


Thank you, to our customers, for allowing us to continue this legacy of boating, started by my grandfather in 1927. It's only because of you that we can still be here today!

Watch "A Good Run"; a great video that captures the essence of the boating lifestyle! This is why we continue to do what we do! Thank you for boating with Parker Boats!


Posted by: Brad Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment